Looking for just the right bread to serve during the summer? Here is a recipe for an easy-to-make Focaccia — an Italian bread that is perfect with salads and grilled entrees, or as an appetizer or snack.
Perfect summertime bread.
Credit: Jovina Coughlin of Jovina Cooks
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh thyme leaves or rosemary
- Coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough in the large bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment mix until the ingredients come together around the paddle.
- Attach the dough hook and knead the dough for 6 minutes.
- Oil a 4-quart rectangular baking dish or pam.
- Spread the pizza dough out in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise until the dough rises almost to the top of the pan (about 1 hour).
- Top the dough with halved cherry tomatoes, evenly spaced over the dough.
- Sprinkle the top of the bread with the remaining ingredients and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 -20 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into squares to serve.
Post and recipe shared by Jovina Coughlin of Jovina Cooks